VMware – Leading Business Solution provider
I have a good cloud. Do you? It’s time to move on guys. VMware brings you the best support and service to you. Let’s have a ride with VMware.
It is an American company, which provides cloud and virtualization software with service. It is the first company who manages visualize x86 architecture. It holds more than 500,000 customers throughout worldwide. And it also consists of 55,000 partners.
- VMware leads industry in support for the mobile work force.
- VMware acquired Desktone pioneer of desktop As-A-Service.
- VMware migrate vCloude Hydrid services to Europe.
It was founded in the year 1998 by Diane Greene, Mendel Rosenblum, Scott Devine, Edward Wang and Edouard Bugnion. The company was officially launched in February 1999. On 1999 the first product was lunched i.e. VMware workstation with 20 employs. In 2001 it entered to the server market with GSX server. Then in 2003 it launch the virtual centre with vMotion and virtual SMP technology. In 2004, the company was taken by EMC Corporation with $625 million. Then it gradually increased day by day.
- Desktop software:
- VMware workstation: This suit allow the user to run multiple instance of x86 or x86-64 single physical PC.
- VMware fusion: It provides similar function for use of Intel mac along with full compatibility.
- VMware player: VMware offers this software in freeware product for non-commercial personal use.
- Server software:
- VMware vSphere:
- It gives grater performance than the freeware. It runs directly on the server hardware. It offers extra services like:
- Storage VMotion
- Distributed Resource Scheduler
- High Availability
- VMware server
It was also provided as freeware for non-commercial use. It can also set up virtual machine. As a hosted application it runs with Linux or windows operating system.
- Cloud Management Software
- VMware vCloud
- VMware vCloud Data centre service
- VMware vCloude express
- VMware vCloud consulting service
- VMware vCloud APT
- VMware GO
- VMware vCloude Director
- Virtual desktop Infrastructure
VMware horizon view
- Backup software
Mozy produced MozyHome and MozyPro
- Networking and security products
vCloud networking and security is a software solution that allows business to rapidly adopt network and security need.
- IT business management product
IT business management suit.
vCentre charge back management provides cost transparency.
IT benchmarking allows business to benchmark their IT capabilities against others.
Service centre automates IT service management.
- Other Products
Physical – to – virtual (P2V)
Virtual – to – virtual (V2V)
Automated configuration task on VMware ESX/ESXi server.
There are four versions of VMFS, corresponding with ESX Server product releases.
Version 1: Used by ESX server v1.x.
Version 2: Used by ESX server v2.x and v3.x. It was also called as VMware file system.
Version 3: Used by ESX server v3.x and vSphere (4.x).
Version 4: Used by ESXi server v5.x and vSphere (5.x).
New Features (VMFS Drivers)
Support for LVM using multiple extents.
Support for sparse files.
Auto detection of VMFS.
Enhanced display of symbolic links.
Display of cluster heartbeat information.
This company has given us lots of benefit in past and hope that it will give in future also. More details log on to http://www.vmware.com.